Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Last few days


The past few days have been nice here. Monday night Hanne Lise and I were invited to the Wabers and so was Ryno another missionary on campus, and there were 5 people from Sweden there also that are in the nearby village working at an orphanage. We had supper and then afterwards we played some games and had a lot of fun. Then the next afternoon we had prayer meeting where all the staff on campus gets together and shares praises and prayer requests and it is such a blessing. That night Hanne Lise, Ryno and I had supper together and sang some songs and had a good evening just talking about how God has worked in our lives. We also got rid of some bats that like to get in the house every so often. Some days it seems like that is what we do for fun.

I’m learning a lot here about life in Africa and about the Christian life also. In the states it was so easy for me to think that I didn’t have to be on the lookout for what the devil is doing. But after being here I realize that I hadn’t been as cautious as I thought. So I want to encourage everyone examine your own lives and see what we might be allowing the devil access to in our lives. It may be the television or hanging out with certain friends. There is a lot that goes on in the surrounding villages that makes me realize what a life without God is like and that is scary.

God is so good and pure and powerful  and amazing. I have been here now a little over two weeks and it is still hard for me to believe that I am actually here. I thank God  every day for bringing me here I know I don’t understand all the plans that God has for me, but I know I don’t want to be anywhere else. I’m so thankful for all of your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment