Saturday, March 9, 2013

Sabbath

Today I had a wonderful day. I woke up around 5:45 am. I arrived at the sheep barn about 7:10. We had 3 new lambs. One was 4.5 kgs about 9 lbs or so. Then I walked back home and got there about 8:30. I ate a leisurely breakefast. I was late to Sabbath School I arrived for about the last 5 minutes. Church was good and I am sure the sermon was good also, I just couldn't understand it. Afterwards I went to the Wabers house for lunch we had some good food. Rice, beans, cooking bananas, greens, fresh coconut, and salad. Then around 3 I went to a baptism that the Kibidula church was having. At least ten people were baptized in a pond near the church. And it was cold and rainy. The baptism was supposed to start at 2, but the pastor didn't get there till 5 maybe. Here in Tanzania the churches don't don't have an ordained pastor. There is one ordained pastor for the district, and there are man churches in the one district for the pastor to take care of. So things don't always start on time here. Anyways, here are some pictures that I took today while I was walking to church and of the baptism. It was cool and wet most of the day. And it was drizzling while we were watching the baptism. The people here have a lot of patience and seem to endure hardships better. It was kind of chilly today and no one seemed to mind the weather. I would say the temperature was about the mid 60s or so. So not really warm.  The choir was standing on the bank singing while the people were getting baptized. It was really special.


                                              This is Makame he is one of our Maasai herders.
                                Here are Kibidula sheep grazing on upper campus near the shop.

 

 

 

 
                                                     I love this picture she looks so happy.


Here is a picture of my feet after walking through the mud and through the brush. Not too bad. :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment